Drop down menue

Tuesday, 14 May 2013

The Astonishing Adventures Of Fanboy and Goth Girl -A Book Bee's review

 3.5/5 stars
Huh,
Well when I picked up the book I thought it would be a very fluffy,low substance story about two losers being awkward and having fun being weird, and even though it is about a loser (no offense fanboy) it's not all rainbows and flowers quite the opposite really.
 Inverted smiley faces and everything.
An intelligent outcast Donnie seems so be getting shit from just about everywhere and I really felt for the poor thing.Donnie is a great character so i really did like him.
 “I just have an allergic reaction to lung cancer. Gives me tumors.”
So when   he meets goth girl I was happy and from there things are starting to look a bit better.
The story itself does have alot of emotional and pleasantly refreshing
“I suddenly realize that I'm naked, which shouldn't bother me                                                              since it's the phone, but for some reason it does. 
                                                          "How's it hanging?" Kyra asks and now I think I'm  blushing.                                                                  It's just an expression, but jeez!”
 


The story was in good shape and ties together well, I never felt like i was being smothered in useless context but there wasn't anything that  knocked me off my seat .It was funny and touching which was good enough for me.

No comments :

Post a Comment