Drop down menue

Friday, 31 October 2014

Review: Half a King


Half a King
Half a King by Joe Abercrombie

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



“If like has taught me one thing, it's that there are no villains. Only people, doing their best.”
Half a King is the embodiment of people doing their best,their best to survive,to love,hate and above all to win

"The King must win,evrything else is dust."
Yarvi wasn't dealt a very good hand but somewhere in this book,within the trackless ice,somewhere, in an ancient ruin he found the will to make it work and with that lesson of strength he took me on the best journey I've been on in months.I'm happy to see that sometimes ugly things can drive good people to do great things,and that's what Yarvi is all about.

"And so the fox killed his brother,the wolf."
There were quite a few few twists that were unexpected-even though I was expecting them to be there.What was even more of a shock wasn't how suddenly loyalty become a lie,or friend a foe, but where friendships were found.
For me this is always the best part of a story,the friends they make along the way and that undeniable bond that binds their fates,Half a King earned each of the five starts I give it for excelling in all matters.And I will definitely be following the nest installments.
“A bitter ending' said Yarvi
'Many sweet stories have them',said Jaud.”

After all.
“You cannot except all the heroes to survive a good song story”
-Yarvi




View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment