Drop down menue

Friday, 31 October 2014

Review: Night Embrace


Night Embrace
Night Embrace by Sherrilyn Kenyon

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



After reading the first two,I can already see how each book will more or less be the same.
Man finds some woman,they fall in love,then they'll kill some daimons and maybe a minor god will screw with them before he wins his soul back from Artemis and they live happily ever after.

I still liked the histories and seeing as to how the flashbacks are actually cool gives me hope that someday,maybe they'll push the sex and romance out the window and let us dig into the actual story.

I like some of the characters,and I can see myself tiring of alot of the others.
Each of them seems to be broken,betrayed and all have a sob story to share and if it keeps up I won't like them.There not getting a pity vote from me.

But understand the series is basically all about the Dark-Hunters -who exist only because they were all royally screwed over in their mortal lives-,so far there pasts are the only interesting thing about the books. The rest is buried under all the emotional,passionate feeling and sex that's flying around.
(Apart from Nick,of course,I love him,however little of him I do get anyway..)

For what it's worth,I know Kenyon is capable of keeping things interesting.The story outside the romance is good and CON was great,it was the same world same people just without as much romance.
I just hope the romance will eventually take the back seat so the story has time to shine.

All in all I don't know how long I'll keep up with the series.I could just as easily drop it as I could start from bk 1 and take it all the way.




View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment