Drop down menue

Friday, 31 October 2014

Review: Night Pleasures


Night Pleasures
Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Wow,super short review.
The romance sucks.
The story could kick some ass.
The characters are totally badass.


The romance sucks.
The main character and his damsel in distress instantly want to just devour each another,which is so terribly cheesy and lame.I understand physical appeal and what not but this was just too much.
Get some chemistry flowing before they decide there irrevocably in love.
If you wanted to make it through the book you would have to be ready to embrace the cheesy romance.
And ffs why must they take it upon themselves to force themselves apart?

The story could kick some ass
I actually liked the history and you can't really screw up Greek mythology it's always going interesting,and for the most part so was Night Pleasures.That being said the romance is upfront and in priority here,so even though I liked where the story was going I just wasn't getting enough.

The characters are totally badass.
I read [b:Infinity|6696602|Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1)|Sherrilyn Kenyon|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1412113457s/6696602.jpg|6892257] from Chronicles of Nick first and loved the characters.I felt at some point I was ready for a something more mature,and lo and behold there was an adult series with the same people (more or less).I still like Nick even if I'm not getting as much of his as I'm used to and I've noticed the absence of a few favorites from CON (like Caleb, where are you?)

There's something about having Kyrin and Ash around that feels good.Seeing the familiar faces reminds that the world of Dark Hunters before all the sex and romance was still one of my favorites,just as the characters were.I love them and there damn funny.

Basically
The parts I liked,I loved.

The parts I liked was everything but the romance.
The parts I didn't like, I hated.






View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment