Drop down menue

Monday, 2 February 2015

Review: The Coldest Girl in Coldtown


The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



The Coldest Girl in Coldtown,cold indeed.I find myself loving the troubled and slightly unhinged madmen Holly throws at us more than anyone else.

This is originally why Aidan looked so promising,but as much as I liked him I found it remarkably easy to forget all about him.(I doubt it will stay this way and I'm hoping he'll come to surprise me)

This is exactly what’s wrong with me, she told herself as she walked. If there’s trouble, I go straight for it.
Lana is the leading lady of the day and I found myself liking her a lot in the second half.It seemed to take her a while to figure out how to apply logic when formulating her plans but for the most part she was pretty bad ass.

“Tana. In all my long life, though there were many times I prayed for it, no one has ever saved me. No one but you.”
Gavriel was infinality complex,completely mad and utterly unpredictable-so I loved him,also the effect and quality that he projected on the others only reminded me more,why this was worth reading

“But there's nothing you like better than when it hurts a little, is there?" Lucien asked.
Gavriel's bloody mouth lifted in a voluptuous smile. "Sure there is. I like it when it hurts a lot.”

Oh yeah your in for a world of fun with this one.
The plot and world building were refreshing and different.I felt like some things were too conveniently coincidental Like what are the chances Lana with her past ends up at party with Gavriel in this 'unique' circumstance? Not to mention a conveniently placed Jameson family but- but never so much that it wasn't believable and most of my issues sorted themselves out by the end of the book and the others could be explained away with a cause/effect relationship.I still feel like the story could have used some work and I'm a little Holly crazed ever since Curse Workers-so maybe I 'overlooked' some flaws but it's only fair that I mention the plot is lacking.

One thing's for sure,that was on hell of a ride.






View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment